We’re experiencing a bit of a buyer’s market, so if you want to sell your home, it really needs to stand out. When there are ten other listings in your area, how can you possibly expect to make a sale? Don’t worry, because today we’ll be going over the habits you can put in place that will help you sell your home successfully:
1. Tidy up. Keep your home clean each and every day. If you move something out of place, make sure to put it back where it came from.
2. Respond to offers as soon as possible. Timely responses have the most success when it comes to negotiating contracts and getting to the closing table.
3. Build buzz about your house. Your Realtor will be doing this for you, but you should be spreading the news to colleagues, peers, and social media. Let everyone know how amazing your house is—you never know who’s listening!
4. Deep clean. Try to do this every week by hiring a cleaning service or doing it yourself. Keep it spotless and make sure dust doesn’t begin to accumulate.
5. Apply the Marie Kondo method. If you’re familiar with her book or Netflix show, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Begin purging your house of anything that doesn’t bring you joy and keep the rest neat, organized, and put away.
6. Maintain your exterior. The No. 1 thing buyers notice is your curb appeal, so make sure your landscaping and exterior are looking great each month.
Sit down with your agent. Do this each month and talk about trends, what’s sold, and what’s been happening in real estate. Find out what you can do to make your listing stand out.
Make repairs. I recommend bringing in an inspector each year in order to figure out what needs to be fixed. You want to make sure things are in good shape!
If you have any questions about making your home stand out or you need further information, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.